Meet Jyoti Puri DDS, PhD
Background and Credentials
Dr. Puri is a board certified Periodontist and Dental Implant Specialist.
Dr. Puri earned her Dental degree in 2006 and received her Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from Baylor College of Dentistry, TX A & M Health Science Center in Biomedical Sciences with an emphasis on Temporomandibular joint pain (2011). Dr. Puri completed a three-year residency in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry at Louisiana State University (2014).
Dr. Puri successfully completed The Misch Surgical Program in Florida by Misch International Implant Institute (110 CE).
Dr. Puri was honored with The Malbern N. Wilderman Award.
She is proficient in all aspects of periodontal & implant dentistry including dental implants, cosmetic periodontal surgery, gum & bone grafting, crown lengthening, ridge preservation, bone-preserving extractions; advanced bone and sinus grafting, periodontal maintenance, osseous surgery, scaling & root planing, and Same Day Teeth® and full mouth implant rehabilitation.
As an active member of the American Dental Association (ADA), Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS), Chicago Dental Society (CDS),American Academy of Periodontology and Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, Dr. Puri stays up to date on clinical innovations in dentistry.
Dr. Puri is committed to delivering the very highest quality dental treatment. She is likewise committed to providing patients the best treatment options, with an emphasis on their long-term oral health.
Dr. Puri enjoys traveling, and spending time with her husband Dr. Sharma and her son.
- INVITED REVIEW. Estrogenic effects on temporomandibular disorder and pain Crystal Stinson , Larry L. Bellinger, Jyoti Puri, Neelam Ahuja, Steven D. Bender, Phillip R. Kramer. First published: 18 March 2019
- RNA-sequencing study of peripheral blood monocytes in chronic periodontitis. Liu YZ, Maney P, Puri J, Zhou Y, Baddoo M, Strong M, Wang YP, Flemington E, Deng HW.Gene. 2016 May 1;581(2):152-60. doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2016.01.036. Epub 2016 Jan 23.PMID: 26812355
- A non-invasive model for measuring nociception after tooth pulp exposure. Kramer PR, He J, Puri J, Bellinger LL.J Dent Res. 2012 Sep;91(9):883-7. doi: 10.1177/0022034512454297. Epub 2012 Jul 12.PMID: 22797321
- Reduced GABA(A) receptor α6 expression in the trigeminal ganglion alters inflammatory TMJ hypersensitivity. Puri J, Vinothini P, Reuben J, Bellinger LL, Ailing L, Peng YB, Kramer PR.Neuroscience. 2012 Jun 28;213:179-90. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2012.03.059. Epub 2012 Apr19.PMID: 22521829
- Multipotent adult progenitor cells acquire periodontal ligament characteristics in vivo. Kramer PR, Kramer SF, Puri J, Grogan D, Guan G.Stem Cells Dev. 2009 Jan- Feb;18(1):67-75. doi: 10.1089/scd.2008.0002.PMID: 18397156
- Knockdown of Fcγ receptor III in an arthritic temporomandibular joint reduces the nociceptive response in rats.Kramer PR, Puri J, Bellinger LL.Arthritis Rheum. 2010 Oct;62(10):3109-18. doi:10.1002/art.27630.PMID: 20589683
- Estrogen in cycling rats alters gene expression in the temporomandibular joint, trigeminal ganglia and trigeminal subnucleus caudalis/upper cervical cord junction. Puri J, Bellinger LL, Kramer PR.J Cell Physiol. 2011 Dec;226(12):3169-80. doi: 10.1002/jcp.22671.PMID: 21321935
- Estrogen and inflammation modulate estrogen receptor alpha expression in specific tissues of the temporomandibular joint. Puri J, Hutchins B, Bellinger LL, Kramer PR.Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009 Dec 31;7:155. doi:10.1186/1477-7827-7-155.PMID: 20043825