What is Invisalign?
First launched over two decades ago, Invisalign is a revolutionary treatment alternative to traditional fixed metal or ceramic braces. Instead of bulky, uncomfortable brackets and wires, Invisalign uses clear, flexible plastic aligner trays to gently and comfortably move your misaligned teeth into their intended positions in as little as 6 months.
What’s also great about Invisalign is that the trays’ removable feature allows you to eat most of the foods you love, while offering you easy access for teeth brushing and flossing. Even better, when your Invisalign treatment is through, you’ll have the straight, beautiful, natural-looking smile that you’ve always wanted!
Is Invisalign Better Than Braces?
At Magical Smiles, we’ve seen some amazing results in our Invisalign patients. The Invisalign removable braces system has become increasingly popular in recent years for reasons that include:
- Can be removed for tooth brushing and flossing
- Virtually undetectable by others
- Minimal lifestyle disruptions
- No food restrictions
What is the Process for Getting Invisalign?
Invisalign is indicated for patients with mild-to-moderate teeth misalignments or improper bites (oral malocclusions), and may not be suitable for certain misalignment cases or complex bite problems. Patients who are screened with more serious smile imperfections are typically referred by Dr. Sharma to a licensed orthodontist for follow-up.
If you are a candidate for Invisalign, this is what you can expect during your course-of-
- Dental impressions of your teeth and mouth are taken, along with digital X-rays and photos using our comfortable intra oral camera. All that detailed information is then sent to the Invisalign lab.
- At the Invisalign lab, your aligners will be custom designed with computer-aided precision to ensure maximum performance and comfort. Once your custom-made trays are ready, we’ll call you to come and pick them up.
- Your Invisalign aligners are meant to be worn 20 to 22 hours each day, including while asleep, and only removed for brushing, flossing, and eating. If you don’t follow those instructions, you may have to continue your Invisalign treatment for a longer period of time.
- Based on your prescription, you’ll wear each set of aligners for one to two weeks. You will also be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment with Dr. Sharma every six to eight weeks so that she can monitor your progress. You will also receive your next batch of aligners during that office visit.
How Long do I Need to Wear Invisalign Aligners?
On average, most of our Invisalign patients achieve their smile-restoring goals within 6 to 24 months. When the initial level of smile correction needed is more pronounced, after the initial Invisalign treatment is over it may be necessary to wear a nighttime retainer for several additional months to ensure all your smile restoration goals are met.
Alternatives to Invisalign
In addition to Invisalign, we offer these teeth-straightening alternatives:
Invisalign Express – Ideal for patients with minor crowding or spacing issues, Invisalign Express is a shorter-duration orthodontic treatment that works in the same way as traditional Invisalign aligners.
Invisalign GO – Invisalign Go is a shorter treatment programme suitable for minor imperfections and simple cases. Invisalign Go uses fewer aligners, so treatment time can be as short as 4 months.
ClearCorrect – To correct malocclusion, a growing number of our patients are turning to clear aligners over traditional braces. ClearCorrect is another removable braces alternative for patients who want to straighten their teeth with minimal dietary restrictions and no obstructions to flossing and brushing.