The truth about dental implants is the fact that not everyone is a candidate. The best way to determine if it’s the right treatment for you is by scheduling a free dental implant consultation in our office with Dr. Puri.
1. Based on a thorough examination, Dr. Puri will do a computer-aided treatment simulation to determine where the implants should be placed for optimal support and comfort.
2. During a follow-up appointment, she will perform surgery under local anesthesia to place the implants. If an additional procedure such as a tooth extraction or bone shaping is necessary, Dr. Puri will perform those procedures before placing your implants. Once in place, your implants will then be fitted with temporary teeth so they can fuse with your jawbone (osseointegration).
3. During a 12- to 16-week healing period, you will be asked to avoid eating hard or chewy foods that could damage your new implants.
4. Once the process of osseointegration is finished (approximately 3 months), Dr. Puri will remove your temporary teeth and attach permanent replacement teeth to your implants.
5. Before leaving our office, you will be provided with aftercare instructions by a member of our team, You will also be asked to schedule a monthly follow-up appointments with Dr. Puri so that she can monitor your progress and check your implants.
6. Dental implant surgery recovery times vary depending upon the type and number of implants you received. In general, your recovery should be relatively quick with minimal discomfort.
Note: Magical Smiles also offers “same-day” dental implant treatments, including All-on-X dental implants. For more information about our dental implant options contact us today.